Instructions and Guidelines for applying to rent a home with Rent Me Florida
The application fee is NON-REFUNDABLE. Please read these important instructions prior to applying to rent a property at Rent Me Florida.
- The application process is mandatory for anyone who is applying to rent a property for 6 months + one day or longer.
- Each person over the age of 18 who intends on residing in the home more than 50% of the time MUST fill out a separate application. Each adult must individually qualify on his/her own as each adult will be responsible for the lease should a roommate move out during the lease period. The combined income of the household will be considered for married couples, verifiable domestic partners, parent/non-adult child, guardian or ward.
- The application fee is $99 per single person or $125 per couple and $20 for each additional applicant if downloaded and printed and emailed, faxed or turned into the office.
- An application is not considered complete and ready to process until ALL documentation and payment is provided. NOTE: If you do not supply all requested documentation, another applicant may jump ahead of you.
- Be sure to fill the application out completely and as honestly as possible. It's better to give us too much information, rather than have a surprise come up on your background check.
- Be sure to upload, email or fax to our office the following: 1. Proof of identification - Driver's License, Photo Id, Passport, etc. 2. Income Verification - One month current pay stubs, direct deposit statement, child support, social security benefits or bank statements. The income level to qualify is you must make 3 times the monthly rent amount.
- Each applicant must have two years clear rental / homeowner history.
- Current employment is verified and one year of stability is required. Exceptions being a job transfer, starting of a new career or retirement.
- Credit History:
- No NSF - non-sufficient funds (bounced checks)
- No late payments for two years after a bankruptcy or foreclosure
- No past unpaid rents or evictions
- No more than three collections; with the exception of medical
- A criminal background check is also completed.
No felonies, violent crimes or drug convictions will be accepted.
- Unverifiable information will lead to your application not being approved
- • If your application should fall short of these standards, it may still be accepted with prepayment of rent, co-signing by another responsible adult (application required), or other methods that the property owner or manager agree upon.
- When using the online application, you are NOT auto-charged. All payments are manually entered at our corporate office.
- If you would like to be "pre-approved", just choose that option from the form of payment section on the application form.
Once your complete application is received by Rent Me Florida Customer Service, it will be processed. This usually takes between 24 - 48 hours. You’re RMF Rental Specialist or a member of the Customer Service team will contact you with your approval and next steps.